Can Bing be threat to Google dominance?

Discussion in 'Bing SEO' started by seobuzz, October 30, 2015.

Tags:
  1. seobuzz

seobuzzNew Member

Its been a while since Microsoft has launched Bing which has been termed as decision engine by the company. However it has failed to deliver the initial promise and has not been successful to make huge impact in search market.
    What do you think about Bing's position in coming future?

Last edited: October 30, 2015
  2. bharath

bharathMember

They are doing jokes, with public just like our Prime ministers do. If really Bing wants to defeat then there are more chances that can be done.
    Bing and Yahoo joined in the past however they never competed or defeated to Google Most Webmasters want to join with Bing, but they aren't doing anything. We are the one who face the problems with these search engines.

Last edited by a moderator: November 13, 2015
  3. aimayaram

aimayaramMember

Microsoft should merge with Google instead of always fighting like this. Together, they could be making more profit. Or at least use free tools such as Google search and Chrome explorer directly embedded in Windows, because they are not making money with Internet Explorer, Edge or Bing. They are losing money with these, because they are always late. I'm writing this post from Chrome. I tried Edge but it did not detect some malicious websites.

pwarbi likes this.
  4. pwarbi

pwarbiMember

In my opinion Bing doesn't have a chance of even getting anywhere close to Google, and even if they provided a service that was far superior than Google do (they don't by the way and it's still inferior if anything) they'd still have to try and compete with the brand name. Google is one of the most well know brand names in the world, so in my opinion they haven't got much chance of that either.

5. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

Remember people use to think Friendster and Myspace are invincible and we know what happened. Google search is starting to get a lot of complains like removing the filter for discussions or forcing people with prepaid internet connection to answer captcha. Many people are starting to jump ship to Bing gradually. Google search is invaded by spammers and even dangerous links with malwares. Bing is better on that department.

6. ipol12

ipol12New Member

I am using Google as my main search engine. But I am also using Bing occasionally. Bing is also a good search engine and it works just like Google. However, I don't think Bing is a threat to Google NOW. The latter is generic and even became a term or a verb. Instead of using the word "search" most people say "Google it"!

Nevertheless, Google shouldn't relax like they always own the throne. Technology evolves and with innovation that competitors might do, the throne can likely be taken away from them.

Last edited by a moderator: January 8, 2016