What is the next big social network?

Discussion in 'Social Media' started by seobuzz, October 30, 2015.

1. seobuzz

seobuzzNew Member

Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus. What can be the next big in social network? In the earlier days Myspace was the biggest player in social network world, then Facebook came and been the dominant player since then. Meanwhile there are many social networks are coming; for example Instagram, Vine has become very popular among the users.

Last edited by a moderator: October 30, 2015
  2. challengewriter

challengewriterActive Member

@seobuzz Snapchat is also very big, a lot of users are on there. All my friends use the app daily, there is always something to check or do with the app. It is also great for taking pictures, I use it more than the inbuilt camera app on my phone to take pictures cause it's filters and features are too cool. It's one of the biggest app in the social networking community. But you're right there are so many apps out there, that are known and still many more that are upcoming and yet to be created.

3. nice2cu

nice2cuMember

Now there is a new trend coming in and that is paid social media sites. You will be paid for your interactions in these sites. The latest one is Whzon. You can earn points for any activities there. I think it is a good thing to earn something while on net. But there is high chance of foul play when earning becomes the only motive behind this. Gradually people will start scamming the entire system.

I think these paid sites are only short lived as people got no emotional attachment with these sites. Moreover, once it stops paying, almost all members will look for new opportunities in the market.

Peter97 likes this.
  4. bharath

bharathMember

For me Facebook presently, but I use only on few occasions. Sharing photos on social media sites is bad and those who are free they use it for enjoyment

I am a webmaster so know time is money rather than my enjoyment with friends.

5. Peter97

Peter97Member

I have never heard of these websites before, they certainly sound very interesting. However I do see why you would say that people would start scamming the website, and abusing the right to earn some cash on the side.

6. nice2cu

nice2cuMember

Yes, Whzon is a social media site that pays you for the images you share. You can also videos, articles, posts etc. But the main drawback I feel is that their rules are too complex to follow. You will be get paid for the likes you recieve for your contributions, but that is something difficult to understand how it works. You have a chat section too.

I am not active in that site as it seems to be a market now where money is exchanged. But I know many people who are dedicated to this site and earn good money. In social media sites, I use only Facebook as most of my friends are connected to Facebook. When it comes to money, there are so many ways to earn it, then I don't want to be part of a complex social media site.

I think a paid social media site lacks emotional bonding among members. Their only objective is to earn money and there is no quality.

Peter97 likes this.
  7. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

I hate Tumblr but I cannot deny that this site is growing rapidly.The fact that many successful kickstarter campaign succeed because of Tumblr shows how influential it is. Facebook showed they were dominant because they just purchased Instagram, Yes they were own Instagram now. Facebook will even get bigger because their video option is now being seen as a threat to Youtube.

Snapchat is also growing rapidly but it has a bad rap due to the spreading of people's nudes.

8. challengewriter

Tumblr is mostly good for picture sharing, you hardly ever see writing posts on there now

9. bharath

bharathMember

For picture sharing s Pinterest, the largest social network site on Internet. Never heard news about Tumblr for image sharing. Facebook may bought Instagram, but what will happen in the next year let see
    My answer is for next biggest social network site is Pinterest, also every social network site is a bit different.

10. challengewriter

Facebook bought tumblr, Tumblr is very high in image sharing and acquired quiet a number of followers, when I was an active users. Pinterest is also pretty good, but I am not a big fan of it

11. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

The only writing I see in Tumblr are teenage girls sending death threats to the girlfriends and wives of the Male celebrity they have a massive crush with. :eek:

Also it is a territory of people known as Social Justice Warriors or SJW's who claims they were the most politically people on earth and they will call you a bigot if you disagree with them. I cannot deny how many Kickstarters campaigns in Kickstarter,Indie Gogo and Gofundme became successful because of Tumblr. We can say Tumblr is a diamond inside a rock.

challengewriter likes this.
  12. pwarbi

pwarbiMember

Social media is still a massive market but while Facebook still reigns supreme, I'm not sure if there will be others willing to challenge it.

Google launched Google+ with the aim of dipping it's tir into the social media market, and up to now it seems to have had mixed results.

With that in mind, if a company as big as Google as struggled to make a dent in Facebook's dominance, I think a lot of other companies will be all the more wary of making a challenge.

Peter97 likes this.
  13. Peter97

Peter97Member

I think Google could've seriously completed against Facebook, however they destroyed Google plus's only hope by forcing people with YouTube to sign up to Google plus, if they want to comment on videos. The way Google approached the whole situation was very bad, and damaging towards Google plus's reputation.

14. bharath

bharathMember

If Facebook is buying every social network site, then people won't join these social network sites. The owners too get confuse in developing which type and method to do them.
    I am now thinking what will happen to Pinterest as it is the next biggest network in image sharing.

15. karthikaqpt

karthikaqptNew Member

Tumbler, Pinterest, StumbleUpon and Reddit are used for sharing our content.

Last edited by a moderator: September 7, 2016