Best Youtube Channels

Discussion in 'YouTube' started by bharath, December 8, 2015.

1. bharath

bharathMember

Does anybody know best Youtube channels for making money? I did few years back tutorial videos and that worked somewhere, however I need some more tips on making money with Adsense.

I got banned for some reason, so left the channel during that time, currently want to make new ones.

2. challengewriter

challengewriterActive Member

Adsense is complicated to use, they are very strict and also YouTube, if you're using materials that aren't yours without the proper copyright citations, most times they warn you and give you a suspension for a couple of months, I made YouTube Partner couple of years ago and if I put material that isn't mine I get warnings and they cut some of my access.

3. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

Cooking channels seemed like a huge hit, specially the cake decoration channels. I notice that they easily get subscribers. Gaming channels are also popular but only if you get a copy of over hyped games before most people have. So you have to preoder a lot of hyped games so you will get subscribers.

Cute animals specially cats also gets a lot attention but there is too much competition in that field already. Men seemed to have tendencies to click on a video with attractive beautiful women in the thumbnail. Thats why a lot of beautiful women are successful on Youtube.

bharath likes this.
  4. challengewriter

Making funny videos is a sure way to get yourself noticed on YouTube, I've watched a lot of people blow up that way, by doing challenges, skits and many more things such as dares etc.

5. Peter97

Peter97Member

I think tutorial videos for something unique, or something that hasn't been posted on YouTube alot could easily be a hit. I once made a tutorial video on Android devices, which got 100,000 views in over a year, which made me $200 overall. It bought many viewers to my channel, however I didn't use the opportunity, and I abandoned my channel.

Also, I recommend you use a proper YouTube network, and not YouTube adsense, as they usually pay more, and can give you added benefits such as copyright and royalty free music and footage to show in your videos.

challengewriter likes this.
  6. challengewriter

Yeah you're very right about that, I don't have time for YouTube anymore, so my page is just lying there. Making unique content these days is very hard as everyone is trying to make it.

7. pwarbi

pwarbiMember

Maybe a few years ago there was a lot of money to be made with YouTube but these days I'm not sure if that's still the case.

There are millions of channels out there these days covering any topic you can imagine, so if your starting a new channel, the chances are your going to be up against some tough competition.

Peter97 likes this.
  8. Peter97

Peter97Member

I totally agree, back in the day you could make a gaming chanel and blow up instantly with popularity. Nowadays, YouTube is full of big channels on almost every topic.

I was lucky enough to make a video which got featured on a website, allowing me to get 100,000 views.

9. pwarbi

pwarbiMember

Getting a video to become viral is considered as the holy grail, and it only takes one video to make it big and that can set up your channel for life.

The trouble is, with that many channels covering every topic you can imagine, it's getting harder and harder to get that one video to go viral in the first place.

Peter97 likes this.
  10. Peter97

Peter97Member

I agree, however that one viral video that I made didn't really setup my channel (partially my fault, as I started posting videos irrelevant to the viral video.) I had many "dead" subscribers which never viewed any of my new videos, and I was also very inactive on YouTube.

pwarbi likes this.
  11. pwarbi

pwarbiMember

I think that would have been key, and if you get one viral video, it's then important to try and make sure the rest of the videos posted would be interesting and engaging to the same viewers.

Peter97 likes this.
  12. Peter97

Peter97Member

Yeah, I was young when I made the video, about 4 years ago, and right now u wish I would've taken YouTube more seriously, as I certainly could've used the opportunity to expand my viewership, and actually have a good YouTube channel. I guess it's too late now, however I might make a new chanel on YouTube and dedicate more of my time to it, as I now have a decent PC which is suitable for recording tutorials and game footage etc.

13. pwarbi

pwarbiMember

While there's certainly a lot more competition now, I think people can still make some money, but like you say, it's all about aiming your videos at the right audience these days when in the beginning it was a lot easier.

I still believe that nothing is impossible, just some things are twice as hard as they used to be.

Peter97 likes this.
  14. Peter97

Peter97Member

Yep, agreed! My video made well over $200 in a year, and if I carried it on I could've made a lot more. However, I also think it's not good starting out YouTube ONLY for the money, as you won't enjoy making videos as much, and you won't be as passionate about it, reflecting on the quality of your videos.

pwarbi likes this.
  15. bharath

bharathMember

I agree with your points, but pre ordering games never knew how to do them. I think I have to make a female ID channel and post some funny videos to get more subscribers.
    In these days it's tough to rank in Youtube, however I am seeing some of my travel videos get viewed by people, but hey are very low.

16. pwarbi

pwarbiMember

I think that's a common argument when it comes to any business. Do you follow the money and give people what they want to make a quick buck and cash in on the newest trend, or...do you do something you are interested in? Do something your passionate about and try and sell your ideas and principles to the consumer in the hope it catches on?

Peter97 likes this.
  17. Peter97

Peter97Member

I'll be honest here, and I'm going to say a big factor of me making that YouTube video, was to make some cash, that was also a big mistake which I made during my YouTube channel. The video was alright, but I would've re-done it and made a better version, if it wasn't for the fact that deleting that video would stop me from making some money.

pwarbi likes this.
  18. pwarbi

pwarbiMember

I'd imagine that's the way the majority of people think, and at the start the video might just be something they put out there for a bit of fun, then all of a sudden it catches on and starts to get more and more views, the money start to build up and that's when you have a dilemma like you yourself are in.

While you might have done the video differently if you knew how popular it was going to be, now it's too late as your used to that money now so you have to just grin and bare it.