How to make your Google search more effective?

Discussion in 'Google SEO' started by nice2cu, December 10, 2015.

1. nice2cu

nice2cuMember

There are various tips to make your Google search more effective so that you get a faster and more accurate result. There is no doubt that Google is the leader in search engines and a large number of people use it every day. But is there a way to speed up our search results? By following some simple steps we can get much better results without losing any time :

- Google usually ignores words like "and" and "or" and if you want to take the text exactly as it is, just put it in double inverted comas.
    - Use a minus sign for words you don't want to appear in results.
    - Be it short and precise. You will get the results faster and with high accuracy level.
    - You can also specify a search to speed up the result. Like if you are looking for meaning of "like", just type "meaning of like". Google will display the result immediately.
    - To know the weather, type "weather" with city name or zip code.

2. Anuj Dhawan

Anuj DhawanNew Member

In addition to the above, I frequently use the below two:

+[profile-name] - By adding a ‘+’ before a profile-name, you can search for Google+ profiles and pages.

#[word] - Using the ‘#’ before a word enables you to search for hashtags in Google+, Twitter, and more social networks.

nice2cu likes this.
  3. challengewriter

challengewriterActive Member

When using google search, I try to think in a practical way, and use terms that I think will be commonly used so it would give me a better results,

4. nice2cu

nice2cuMember

They are really useful points. I there are a number of useful techniques to make our life easier in search engines like Google. I feel the most important point is to make your text crisp and clear to help the search engine to function faster and effectively. For example using a common name like "Apple" will give you a lot of weird results. You have to specifically express your intention. If you are looking for benefits of apple as a fruit, try something like "advantages of apple fruit". But if you are looking for Apple iPhones, it is better to try "Apple iPhone" and if you want to zero down to a particular model, mention that also.

In short, you text should be short without losing its effectiveness.

5. Anuj Dhawan

Anuj DhawanNew Member

Yes. If you are a science student and know the logic of "logical gates" don't forget that. Ah, don't get overwhelmed by the words "logical gates"; in real word they are actually the combination of OR and NOT in your search.

To make such a search more powerful you can make use of "-" (dash). When you use a dash before a word or site, it excludes sites with that info from your results. This is useful for words with multiple meanings, like Apple the gazette brand and Apple the fruit.

Examples: apple -phones -fruits

So it'll show you results for/on Apple Inc (Mac) products excluding their phone (iPhone). It might talk about Mac, iPad etc but not phone not apple as fruit.

6. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

I use hypen or the minus sign to get rid of the results I don't want to see. Let's say I wanted to search about the Actress named Eva Marie Saint but when I search about her I am getting results about the wrestler Eva Marie. To get rid of results about Eva Marie, I will add these to my keywords:

-wrestling -wrestler

7. bharath

bharathMember

Two or three days back I searched for Bangalore gardening in Facebook without hashtags and smiled to see good results with them. Adding hashtags to our post really gets visitors.
    For searching it has worked with hashtags too.

I always search in Google what I needed, but Google already suggest some keywords that makes me to stop typing and satisfy with any keyword.