Earn through Youtube views

Discussion in 'YouTube' started by kenzenith, December 16, 2015.

Tags:
  1. kenzenith

kenzenithNew Member

I heard that you can earn money from views that your video get on Youtube. From what I read, Youtube pays a user a certain amount of money if he hits the minimum video views they set.

Has anyone earned through Youtube views here?What is the minimum views that the video should get in order to earn? And how do you register for this feature?

2. challengewriter

challengewriterActive Member

Yes, there is a thread on this site about earning with YouTube and I think its $1 per thousand views. There is also an option for monetising your video which I think you earn by people clocking on ads.

3. kenzenith

kenzenithNew Member

Thanks challengewriter for informing me about the same Youtube thread. It's nice to know that they give $1 per thousand views for their users because that's a considerable amount of money considering the effort you put on the video. Could you perhaps give me the link of the thread you're saying so I would know? And about earning by people clicking ads, is it the same thing as Google Adsense?

4. harisali3

harisali3New Member

Yes, I have some experience in youtube marketing. First there are two ways
    1-From adsence
    2-From patnerships
    From adsence you will get paid when someone clicks on a ad or watches it, but at the same time many people use adblock. With adblock you can't see ads so there are not much potential in adsence if are low on views .
    Second = Youtube patnership pays you per view, For example :1000 views/6-10$ it all depends on which network you are patnered with and from where your visits cooming from America have highest tier, same goes with adblock if 300 people out of 1000 have adblock its only 700 views. I hope it helps .

5. nice2cu

nice2cuMember

I don't think it is fixed like $1 per thousand views. There are a lot of factors that influence the final earning. I have a YouTube channel with around ten videos uploaded in it. Even though I did not put any efforts to market it, it somehow managed to get 6k views and my earning balance shows $12. Hence it is not only views that is being considerd. Factors like place of stay (views from US get us more money than from third world countries), duration also influence the outcome. I think YouTube will not consider a view as entitled to pay if it is of less than 30 seconds duration.

You can earn well through YouTube videos provided you put good efforts in marketing them.

6. kenzenith

kenzenithNew Member

Glad to hear that you already tried it and have good feedback about it. Just a question, is the Adsense you are talking about the same Google Adsense bloggers use to monetize their blogs? Also for the partnership, how would you partner with Youtube? Do you need to register?

I heard those views coming from the United States have higher value and get paid most because most consumers are in America. Americans also have more buying capabilities than other people.

7. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

Aside from adsense and partnerships you can earn from merchandise. That is what make Annoying orange and Grumpy Cat instant millionaires. If you are famous, you can easily convince fans buy T-shirts with your face or name on it. There are also Youtubers who makes money out of donations. That is how Anita Sarkeesian made a lot of money from Youtube.

8. kenzenith

kenzenithNew Member

Did they make that money by creating Youtube videos for their merchandise? If so, I guess Youtube really is an effective advertising website. It is also free so anyone can advertise their product without the added cost.

Donations can also make you money but you need to get loyal subscribers for your channel. Do-it-yourself videos can get you a lot of views or even subscribers which can willingly donate for your channel.

9. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

Nope, They created their merchandise after their Youtube videos got viral. The biggest example would be annoying orange. They made a lot of money from the toy sales of their merchandise.

10. tuantun18

tuantun18New Member

I think so