Project Loon Pilot to begin in India!

Discussion in 'Google SEO' started by nice2cu, December 18, 2015.

1. nice2cu

nice2cuMember

I think everybody is aware of the Google's ambitious project, Project Loon which is aimed at providing Internet access to remote areas of the world. The project uses high altitude balloons placed in the stratosphere creating an aerial wireless network with amazing speed. Once the project is up Internet could be a reality even during natural disasters.

Project Loon is about to take off in India after a recent meeting between Google CEO and Indian Telecom Minister. It is heard that the Government has approved the project in principle and would be giving the permission once necessary formalities are through.

I think it could be a turning point for India's Internet communication as a whole when every nook and corner of India is connected through high speed Internet.

2. tongxiaoxin

tongxiaoxinNew Member

The project is a win-win situation in my opinion for both Google and India. If the project is implemented successfully, Google will have a much larger presence in India, while India will benefit technologically. The problem comes when the legal proceeds are hard to push through especially in India government.

3. nice2cu

nice2cuMember

Yes, they have to overcome legal hurdles to make it a reality in India. Hope they will be able to pass it as Indian Government is in their favor.

Google is planning to do a pilot project in New Zeland and based on the results they will spread it to other parts of the world.

Customers will be able to connect to Google's balloon through a special Internet antenna which can be attached to the building. It Google is able to materialize the project as desired, it will really be a blessing for areas where there is very low network coverage.