How does YouTube calculate a view?

Discussion in 'YouTube' started by nice2cu, December 21, 2015.

1. nice2cu

nice2cuMember

How does YouTube decide if a view can be considered for payment? It is heard that Google Adsense will not work on views which are generally less than 30 seconds. But some videos which are shorter can enjoy a shorter duration. That means YouTube calculate views based on a minimum percentage of the total video running time. I think that minimum percentage limit is still a secret.

Whenever a video crosses 300 views Google starts checking the legitimacy of the views just to ensure that there are not fake views being generated. Once it crosses 300 views, if a person watches a video several times a day, it will only generate 3-5 views a day.

Is there any other factors to consider for a YouTube view as genuine?

2. challengewriter

challengewriterActive Member

I don't know why, but a video of mine was stuck at 300 and something views for a month and I knew people where watching it, I read that it means they suppect fake views were going on,but later they pushed ahead and gave me my appropriate views. Even some celebrities when they post music videos it could take up to 24 hours to calculate it fully and push out the views that they think are fake

3. Renren

RenrenNew Member

I noticed that they are calculating views by IP's. They won't count a view if it comes in the same IP. It should come from every different IP. Since there are billions of IP here in the world.