What are the major factors for YouTube ranking?

Discussion in 'Social Media' started by Grant, November 1, 2015.

1. Grant

GrantNew Member

We all know that YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world and overall first when it comes to video search. Being a video publisher I want to rank my video in the first page of YouTube. Can anyone tell me how can I do that?

2. challengewriter

challengewriterActive Member

It depends on the tags, and the phrasing of the title of the video, it very easy to get your video to be displayed on the first search page in YouTube, it you have a good title, high number of subscribers and reputable views.

3. bharath

bharathMember

Ranking on First page is hardest thing as it is not similar to Google search engine. Your video must have enough views to show in front-page, make sure comments, tags, quality, some backlinks from another video sites must use.

Try yourself and see how it goes, I got one of my video to front-page, but that for a normal search and long tail keyword.

4. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

Thumbnails also matters, The thumbnail must have something to do with the video but it has to be something that looks inviting enough to make people to click on that video. Many early Youtube stars became stars because of their thumbnails. Shane Dawson I believe became successful because of his thumbnails.

5. karthikaqpt

karthikaqptNew Member

Back link generation is the main factor in YouTube ranking.

Last edited by a moderator: February 6, 2016
  6. Renren

RenrenNew Member

Proper use of tags and you should attract a lot of viewers. You can do this if your video is informative and a lot of people will enjoy viewing. If they love it you will get a lot shares, viewers, and subscribers. You should always use the right tag, right title and you should make it available in all countries.