Sleep tips to for all

Discussion in 'General Forums and Chat' started by mceditor444, January 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mceditor444

mceditor444Moderator

A good night's sleep can help you do your best in school and other activities. Use these these tips to get the most out of snooze time.
    • Set a regular time for bed each night, and stick to it.
    • Follow a relaxing bedtime routine, like listening to quiet music or reading a book.
    • Don't exercise too close to bedtime.
    • Skip anything with caffeine, such as cola drinks, six hours before going to bed.
    • Turn off your TV,computer, video game, and other noisy gadgets 30 minutes before bedtime.
    Do you have more sleep tips?

harijobs likes this.
  2. patrickkenyi

patrickkenyiNew Member

These all seem like effective ways to combat sleep disorders but I personally find them hard to follow because I find it very difficult to go to bed without being tired. I can't set a fixed bedtime so I normally stay awake until I actually feel sleepy, which can take a very long time. I also discovered a common cause of sleep deprivation is an uncomfortable sleeping surface. Many mattresses develop a dent over time making them very uncomfortable.

3. Sunflower_Michele54

Sunflower_Michele54New Member

I agree that the tips that you listed are really great tips. However, for me, there are times where I can fall asleep with my earphones in my ears. It's not that I don't want to. It just happens that way. I don't have a regular sleep schedule because my job is in retail. So, my hours are not the same everyday most of the time. I sleep later on days I work later. Plus, I go out after work sometimes with my fiance since he works during the day. It's not possible for me to go to bed at a certain time. That actually makes it worse for me because I have tried it before. I would like to get into better sleeping habits, but it is very hard for me. I hope I can work on it.

4. Shana Peckover

Shana PeckoverNew Member

These are all really good tips for getting a better nights sleep. What I am currently struggling with is the fact that I work evenings now, and it takes some time for me to wind down before falling asleep. I would like to fall asleep sooner and not struggle with waking up so late the next day. I hear that melatonin works, and not using the computer for so long help tremendously. Who knows, it's a learning process.