How does tobacco harm the blood vessels?

Discussion in 'General Forums and Chat' started by mceditor444, January 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mceditor444

mceditor444Moderator

The chemicals in tobacco harm many parts of the body.
    • Skin: Smoking ages the skin, causing it to wrinkle earlier than a nonsmoker's skin.
    • Mouth, Teeth, and Throat: Cigarette smoke and smokeless tobacco lead to bad breath and stained teeth. Chemicals in tobacco cause mouth and throat cancers. Smokeless tobacco can cause leukoplakia--white sores in the mouth that can lead to cancer-- as well as tooth loss. It also wear away tooth enamel.
    • Lungs: The tar in cigarette smoke coats the inside of the lungs. This prevents them from working well. Chemicals in tobacco smoke contribute to lung cancer.

2. Shana Peckover

Shana PeckoverNew Member

Yes, smoking is extremely harmful to your health. As a smoker of over 25 years, I notice that I have more wrinkles than my friends who don't smoke, I don't have the endurance that I used to, my teeth are yellowing, and I stink! Unfortunately, cigarettes are highly addictive and hard to put down. Spreading the word about it is the only thing that can prevent others from these problems!