Are those Paid SEO services worth it?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Neil_Fisher, January 19, 2016.

1. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

I know even an inexperienced person will be able to be an expert in search engine optimization if they were willing to learn the curves. I know patience is also needed because not all of us are lucky enough to rank first in search engines with a snap of a finger. Recently I received a telemarketing call and the agent is trying to offer me SEO services. I wanted to know if those services are worth trying. A lot of the services seemed costly but it might be a good short cut for people like me who is struggling to rank.

2. randiv

randivNew Member

You are sharing the very informative information.

3. bauss

baussNew Member

I've been very skeptical about paying for any SEO services. I do all the SEO myself, because I don't want to get penalized for having too many negative backlinks linking to my sites. Alot of sites selling 1000 backlinks for $1 seem fake to me.

4. karmaskeeper

karmaskeeperNew Member

Stay away from people trying to sale services over the phone. Usually it has a membership fee, and they hit your wallet every month not to say it's a scam, but you'd be better off. If you did your research, and did it yourself or try a platform like fiverr to find someone to do it for you. Telemarketers are phone bandits rob you blind. It's not their fault it's the company they work for that steal, and lie.

I worked as a telemarketer, and if someone called in to cancel their account it was my job to say whatever I had to to keep them a paying customer meaning lie to them. The more accounts you saved the more you got paid. The more accounts you couldn't save the less you got paid. It was awful some agents would even try, and transfer calls to other agents to cancel so it wouldn't effect their pay.

So be very careful who you trust over the phone. Another thing they would do was tell the customer they cancelled their account give them a cancellation number.
    The agent didn't cancel the account in the system so therefore the customer was still getting charged. I can't tell you the countless people I spoke to that were beyond
    mad that charges were still being made on their card. I finally quit I couldn't do it in fact I cancelled everyone that called me it was the right thing to do. I also told the people that were wrongfully charged after thinking they had cancelled how to get their money back. Say these things if it happens to you." I'm going to contact the Attorney General, FTC, and BBB." Watch how fast you get your money back.

5. Jason76

Jason76New Member

If a paid SEO service is promising to do specific things like build s0 many backlinks, then that's fine. However, if they're promising that you can be on the 1st page of Google, well, that might be a scam.

A reputable company might have connections that you can never obtain easily. In that case, certain ones would be worth the money.

I would check out reputable online reviews before promising any money. Note, it seems like SEOs are a dime a dozen, so that's a good reason to be skeptical.