Do not miss your breakfast ever!

Discussion in 'General Forums and Chat' started by nice2cu, January 29, 2016.

1. nice2cu

nice2cuMember

I have seen people skipping their breakfast due to hectic lifestyle. In fact by doing so they are killing their brains gradually. You know breakfast is the most important meal of the day as it is the food for your brain after a long night’s fast. That is why it is called ‘breakfast’.

An ideal breakfast should be highly nutritious which include fruits, vegetables, whole grains that helps brain to function smoothly for rest of the day. But without a breakfast brain will feel exhausted and it will adversely affect your thinking process, body functions and even creativity. It is said that regular skipping of breakfast may even cause slow death of brain cells.

If you are a parent with kids, try to give them highly nutritious food as breakfast and see how fast their IQ is developing. It is scientifically proven that highly nutritious breakfast can greatly enhance the IQ level of kids.

2. Hozyboy

HozyboyNew Member

Wow I did not know this at all. I skip breakfast everyday. And lunch too. Killing the brain is abit harsh to say don't you think? But on seeing this Post I will have to research on this. Mostly on the best meals I can have in a day and which ones I can skip. I sometimes even go a day without food or days without a descent meal but snacks. I will have to change my eating habits.

3. patrickkenyi

patrickkenyiNew Member

I agree, skipping breakfast is not a good idea. Many people blame missing breakfast on their hectic lifestyles but the truth is good planning can take care of this. I also realized that if you disrupt your meals frequently (i.e. missing meals) your body gets used to it so you don't feel it but it still affects you.

4. kalyanign

kalyanignNew Member

When I was in college, I did not give much importance to breakfast but ate only when felt hungry. But now I have realised the importance of the first meal of the day and never ever skip my breakfast. But if it looked like skipping the meal was inevitable, I made sure I substituted it with either a fruit or a handful of roasted groundnuts etc. But having something for breakfast is a must for me.

5. rodrigo fischer

rodrigo fischerNew Member

It is a fact that you should not miss breakfast! It provides you the energy you need during the day, so it is very hard to keep up a healthy lifestyle during a certain day if you didn't eat breakfast in the morning.

Sometimes I skip it because I don't have time to eat my proteins because of my college schedule, but I try not to do it very often.

6. lazar

lazarNew Member

I'm not sure about IQ part, but skipping not just breakfast but any meal is not a good idea. Not even dinner. It's more important WHAT we eat than when we eat. You can take a dinner at 2 am and if you take some healthy snacks then it doesn't really maters.

7. Sunflower_Michele54

Sunflower_Michele54New Member

I agree that one should eat breakfast everyday. I have read that eating breakfast increases your metabolism. Breakfast gives your body energy that is needed in order to function throughout most of the morning. I only tend to miss breakfast if I wake up late, and if it's almost lunchtime. I can eat breakfast foods at anytime of day. However, this happens very seldom. Overall, the most important thing is to eat when you're hungry.