I am Jealous of the South Koreans internet speed

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Neil_Fisher, February 1, 2016.

1. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

What is the average internet speed in your country and how much money do you pay on a monthly basis? South Korea currently have the faster internet connection in the world.

I found out that their internet speed is an average of 14 mbps. There is no data capping too which is a common connection problem on many countries. Uploading a video or downloading a file must be easy on that country. The average internet speed in my country is only 2.5 Mbit/s and to make it worst, it is over priced.

Last edited by a moderator: February 1, 2016
  2. patrickkenyi

patrickkenyiNew Member

14 Mbps! That is truly amazing. In my country, I would say the average internet speed is about 1 Mbps. You can get it much faster but it is ridiculously expensive. Organisations and online workers here have no option but to pay for the expensive packages as the cheaper ones are really unreliable and frustrating.

3. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

You are actually much more luckier than me because despite of my ISP promised me a 2.5 Mb per second speed, I have 14 KB per second and it is very miserable for me to endure. I also have to deal with an 800 MB date capping limit because my ISP is greedy.