What is Proteins?

Discussion in 'General Forums and Chat' started by Kevin, February 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Kevin

KevinNew Member

Proteins (PROH-teenz) are nutrients that provide the building block your body needs for growth. Proteins promote healing and aid in the repair of tissues. Protein sources include fish, chicken, beef, eggs, mil, and most other dairy products. You can also get protein from beans, nuts, and most soy-based products. Do you know any more products to get proteins?

2. patrickkenyi

patrickkenyiNew Member

I think you have already mentioned some of the best protein sources. If you are after even more protein rich food sources I think you should consider protein shakes and protein supplements, although I think natural foods are always best.

3. dannixx55

dannixx55New Member

I only know one protein product which is not meat and that is soya beans, It has a higher percentage of proteins than carbohydrates though not as much proteins as that of meat proteins.

4. Alex Pascal

Alex PascalNew Member

Fоr stаrtеrs, this whоlе gеt 1g оf prоtеin pеr pоund оf bоdywеight guidеlinе is nоt bаsеd оn sсiеnсе аnd hаs prоbаbly bееn pushеd by thе соmpаny's trying tо shоvе prоtеin pоwdеr dоwn yоur thrоаt.
    аnywhеrе bеtwееn 0.6 - 0.8g оf prоtеin pеr pоund will bе еnоugh аnd аnymоrе will prоbаbly just bе usеlеss аnd nоt usеd by thе bоdy.
    Gеt yоur prоtеin frоm whоlе, сlеаn fооds suсh аs nuts, sееds, mеаt, fish, nаturаl yоghurt (grееk idеаlly), еggs еtс аnd yоu'll gаin musсlе, bе hеаlthy аnd bе frее frоm аll thаt аrtifiсiаl сrаp thеy put intо thе pоwdеr.
    Gооd luсk!

5. MAJID KALANI

MAJID KALANINew Member

I have found that majority of protein products contain white egg. I am wondering whether this huge amount of egg consumption may result in many health issues such gall bladder stones.
    Have you ever heard about these abnormal stones coming from overconsumption of white eggs?