Slow internet speed in our country

Discussion in 'Philippines' started by ipol12, February 4, 2016.

1. ipol12

ipol12New Member

It was annoying to know that our country is one of the slowest internet connection in the region, if not worldwide. There you can see the greediness of telecom networks. And I wonder what's the stand of NTC. Hoping that the new and international telecom company will come in our country to compete with the greedy local companies.

2. patrickkenyi

patrickkenyiNew Member

You are not alone in this, slow internet is a reality that we have had to get used to in my country. Recently they boasted installing fiber optic cables which should make the internet fast but I have barely noticed a difference. The internet connection also gets interrupted by the vandalizing and theft of cables (which is a big problem here) as well as frequent power outages, which may be a result of the same.

3. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

The data capping being forced by prepaid telecoms is really annoying. Your Biggest hope is Telsra, It is an Australian company that is planning to have a Philippine Branch.Filipino people are cursed with over priced slow internet. There are first world countries with cheaper Internet than the Phillippines and there are poorer countries with faster internet than the Phillippines.

4. RhanzF

RhanzFNew Member

I agree with you! Even with LTE connections we are the slowest among ASEAN countries. Not just it's turtle slow it's really expensive compared to other countries like Singapore. Let's just hope that the government is now doing something about this.

5. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

There is a Presidential candidate who promises that we will do something about the corruption of telecoms. It could only be a sweet talk and just a promise but if that person will win, I hope that person can put an end with out problems with overpriced and super slow internet.

6. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal WriterMember

As of this writing I am experiencing a slow internet connection. My network is PLDT. I couldn't rely on its connection. I have to wait for several minutes till I am connected with the site I am used to work. I am a good payor. I never miss my monthly subscription, hoping that I could receive a better service, but I am wrong. By the way, on the 2nd sona of President Duterte, those telecommunications networks are challenged by the President to speed up their signal or else they would be sorry.

7. ipol12

ipol12New Member

I am happy to hear some developments recently. According to the news, faster internet will be imposed soon. Also, free Wi-Fi in public places would be more available with faster speed. Regarding PLDT and Globe Telecoms, both telecommunications are corrupt companies. I heard about a new player, Converge, which I hope would be available in our province soon.