Is the UK still a popular destination?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by pwarbi, February 12, 2016.

1. pwarbi

pwarbiMember

My post here might be a bit biased, seeing as I'm from the UK, but how does the rest of the world see us?

Long gone are the days of the UK being one of the most powerful countries in the world, but that shouldn't stop people seeing the UK as a popular toursist destination, and several still got a lot to offer, and that's not just the capital, London.

So what's your thoughts on the UK, and its people? Are we still an attractive place to come, or is it a place you've already crossed off your list of countries that don't interest you anymore?

2. rodrigo fischer

rodrigo fischerNew Member

Yes, at least here where I live, in Portugal, it is. It is actually a dream vacation for a lot of people, to go to the U.K, even for me.

I guess aboard it is too. The United Kingdom is beautiful and has a lot of culture! The people are nice as well.

3. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

If I will be given a choice to visit a palace in Europe, I will go for Buckingham Palace because UK have the most popular monarchs and compared to France where all Monarchs are dead, There are still actual Monarchs in England. Also UK is composed of multiple countries so aside from England, You can also enjoy Northern Ireland, Wales,Isle of Man and Scotland. Each country in UK have a different culture of to offer.

4. MAJID KALANI

MAJID KALANINew Member

Personally, I really like to visit London and other ancient cities in the UK. Recently I watched a documentary film about the invasion of Rome imperator to the UK around 2000 years ago. The story was real and explained to what extent people in the UK believed to freedom and human right since many years ago. However, they really respect to their kingdom and monarchy system.

Still there many countries and even communities within various countries are interested in pursuing the customary behaviors of old British people in their daily life.:)

5. Alex Pascal

Alex PascalNew Member

I саn sаy аbоut саmbridgе.
    Dоn't spеnd 7-8 dаys in саmbridgе. Thеrе's аbоut а dаys wоrth оn stuff tо dо - punt оn thе саm, lооk аt а соllеgе оr twо, sее thе rоund сhurсh, drink in а pub, аnd yоu'rе dоnе. Thе fооd isn't vеry gооd. If yоu rеаlly likе соllеgеs, mаybе 2 dаys.
    Eаst оf саmbridgе is thе sесоnd mоst bоring lаndsсаpе оn еаrth, sо dоn't bоthеr. Wеst, yоu саn gеt tо mоst оf thе midlаnds prеtty еаsily (by wоrld stаndаrd - by British stаndаrds its а rеаlly lоng wаy). But thеrе аrе bеttеr plасеs tо stаy. If I wеrе yоu, I'd stаy in Lоndоn оr еvеn Birminghаm оr Nоttinghаm аnd mаkе а dаy trip tо саmbridgе.
    Alsо, оn 780 pоunds pеr pеrsоn, yоu'rе lооking аt spеnding mоrе thаn hаlf оf it оn ассоmоdаtiоn if yоu stаy in hоtеls, аssuming yоu shаrе rооms. If yоu dоn't, yоu wоn't bе аblе tо аffоrd it. Lооk аt budgеt lоw-еnd B&B ассоmоdаtiоn, аgаin shаring rооms, оr аt yоuth hоstеls.

Last edited by a moderator: November 21, 2016