What is the scariest thing that a tourist has ever seen or experienced in Africa?

Discussion in 'Africa' started by Vyom Srivastava, February 19, 2016.

1. Vyom Srivastava

Vyom SrivastavaNew Member

I was in Masai Mara in Kenya. We're in our jeep. Our guide, Alphonse (incredible name BTW) , tells us we will see lions soon. I'm excited for it. The hours go by and nothing is seen. So, we stop at a place for a while and Alphonse decides where to go next.

I turn right to look out the window and scream. Bloody hell, a huge , absolutely huge humongous lion is standing right beside the jeep, staring in. Now I know why this beast is called the King. The mane, the glorious long mane makes him even more ferocious looking. He doesn't react to my scream. Merely keeps looking at this puny boy. Alphonse quietly accelerates us away from the place.

I'll never forget how the Lion looked at me. Scariest moment ever yet now, I feel awe. This is nature at its ferocious and magnificent best.

2. patrickkenyi

patrickkenyiNew Member

Speaking of scary situations involving lions in Kenya, about a week ago five or six lions escaped from the national park and were just roaming around the city. From what I heard, the Lions went back to the national park on their own. This is not the first time such has happened, in fact it has happened a few times before. Several years ago, a lion escaped from the same national park and even slept on a main road in the city.

3. BENARD ONYANGO

BENARD ONYANGONew Member

A tourist who fell in love with African lady then he invests in Ukunda then he is tricked by his "wife" then all his millions stolen by the wife. The tourist then resorts to begging for food.

Last edited by a moderator: June 11, 2017
    janemariesayed likes this.