Domain extensions

Discussion in 'Domain' started by Binu, March 5, 2016.

1. Binu

BinuNew Member

These days we can see different kinds of extension such as .xyz, .club, .website, .space etc. Can these domains compete with the popular extensions such as .com, .net, or .info. What is the SEO potential of new domain extensions?

2. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal WriterMember

Those new domain name extensions have been introduced to give distinction for a particular niche rather than to be integrated in the actual domain name. That is for stand-alone identity as compared to .com, and .net which are already overused. Second, the price would be affordable. Those .info, .xyz, and the like probably would cost lesser than that of .com.

As to SEO point of view, what is being ranked is based on the keywords, usability, traffic, among others. I don't know if an extension domain name has a bearing in Google, Alexa or whatever search engine optimization techniques and guiding principles for pagesite integrity and authority.

3. Jason76

Jason76New Member

Well, actually, I think a few of the new extensions stand an equal chance in SEO with the .com. Some of those would include .xyz and .club. However, other ones like .email are a bit weird. Therefore, I think the nature of their names would restrict their potential. However, I could wrong.

Anyhow, some alternate extensions like .info, .us, and .uk are not really new, but I will discuss them anyway. Note, I think .info stands an equal chance in SEO, but .uk and .us are only good for SEO in the UK and the US, respectively - because of their names.