Facebook Vs Google Plus

Discussion in 'Social Media' started by Binu, March 12, 2016.

1. Binu

BinuNew Member

Facebook is a very popular social media and Google Plus is a Google's product. I am on Facebook and I am by default on Google + because I use Gmail and YouTube. I spend more time on Facebook and I never go to my G+ account.
    In terms of functionality and usage, Facebook and Google + are similar. The only difference is as G+ is Google's product, your G+ sharing will appear on Google search.

2. Nocturnal Writer

Nocturnal WriterMember

I have tried comparing my Facebook account with that of Google+. From the Facebook, I got more than 14,000 followers and friends. While in Google+, I only got more than 600 followers. On the other, my views in the Facebook are so limited, while in my Google+ it is more than 3 million. Now there is a big disparity as to their functionality is concerned.

3. pwarbi

pwarbiMember

Google+ was supposed to be Google's attempt at competing with other social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, unfortunately for them though it's not really captured people's imagination in the same way.

While Google+ might have a lot of profiles on there, that's only because like you say, as soon as you sign up to any of the Google services then you're automatically given one. My guess is that only about 25% of them are active though, and I can't see Google+ threatening the likes of Facebook anywhere in the near future either.

4. kingcool52

kingcool52New Member

Google+ had potential. I mean imagine if just half of Google's userbase used Google+ regularly. It would have been massive. But I think they made a lot of mistakes when they started and because of that they never really became big. I tried it once and have not visited it since to be honest. I personally don't know anyone that uses the site either. Like said above, statistics wise Google+ will look massive and great but I'm sure their monthly active users stats are very low

5. randiv

randivNew Member

I think If you are talking about google then g+ is potential. If you are thinking globally then facebook is best.