Downloading YouTube Videos

Discussion in 'YouTube' started by Binu, March 28, 2016.

1. Binu

BinuNew Member

YouTube, one of the most visited sites on the world wide web, is a Google's product. According to Google policy, downloading YouTube Video is illegal. However, you can find many apps on Google Play that allows you to download YouTue videos. You can also have YouTube download programs on your computer. There are also many web tools that help you to download YouTube Videos.

You can download YouTube video from this site:
    Download Youtube Videos in MP4 or MP3

Last edited by a moderator: July 12, 2017
  2. kalyanign

kalyanignNew Member

I never knew that downloading videos from youtube was illegal. I have heard of many downloader apps which are specifically designed to download videos from youtube. One such apps is Raga downloader which I have used myself a few times. But now that I know its illegal, I am keeping away from it now, just watch them on the website itself.

3. janemariesayed

janemariesayedNew Member

This is surprising as there are sharing buttons on each YouTube video. I certainly didn't realise that it was illegal. There are many apps that allow you to download and I admit I have downloaded lots of videos from YouTube. I have only downloaded them to my desktop so I can watch them later. I haven't used any video that I have downloaded to show in public nor have I made or tried to make any monies from them. I think it is illegal, but rather a grey area. It would be wrong to download and sell or make monies from them but maybe not to watch them for private use only.

4. jahanzeb ali qureshi

jahanzeb ali qureshiNew Member

It is now allowed on youtube if you want to download a video as offline usage in youtube app. You can save youtube videos for offline usage. People are downloading the videos through IDM and they don't care about if it is legal or not.

5. DavidLee

DavidLeeNew Member

Me too, never heard in any instance that it was illegal.
    Anyway guy, what's your favorite PC YouTube downloader app?