War against drug cartels in Mexico

Discussion in 'South America' started by fuumarumota, March 28, 2016.

1. fuumarumota

fuumarumotaNew Member

One of the big detractors for international tourism in Mexico is the drug cartel wars that are taking place in the country.

Violent incidents do not take place everywhere in the Mexican Territory though; it's more likely to read news about executions and raids in the North East part of the country, or in a couple of the southern states. Media tends to exaggerate the facts about this.

Knowing this, would you still visit Mexico for a leisure trip?

Last edited by a moderator: April 27, 2016
  2. larryl332

larryl332New Member

Well I would have to say that a trip to Mexico would still have to be out for me. I am not sure that I have ever really wanted to go there in the first place though, but this surely adds to that.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyNew Member

The Philippines has its share of the illegal drug problems. The government is hell bent in eradicating the illegal drugs and extra judicial killings occur every now and then. Although the president had denied the extra judicial killings, the public's perception is that those killings have the blessing of the government. Now if you ask me if I would visit the Philippines with that problem? No, of course not. And that also applies to Mexico or any other country with a drug problem. Why spend money on the plane ticket and hotel accommodation only to risk your life with the crimes that results from the drug cartel?