The effect of Brexit.

Discussion in 'Europe' started by pwarbi, July 8, 2016.

1. pwarbi

pwarbiMember

Unless you've been living under a rock somewhere, you can't fail to know that the UK have recently voted to leave the EU, and while I think the decision might have come as a shock to many people throughout Europe, I myself living in the UK knew that is what the people would vote for, and I didn't know anyone who was actually voting to remain.

What sort of impact do people think it will have in the long term for both the UK and the EU? While at the moment the major worry is the value of the British Pound and especially compared to the US dollar as it at it's lowest point for a number of years. Eventually I do think the markets will stabilise again but what other impacts will Brexit leave and do you think that overall the effect will be positive or negative?

2. janemariesayed

janemariesayedNew Member

Leaving may cause some hiccoughs for a time but I believe that we would still be better off. We can make our own trade deals with other countries and I don't see why we have to go through the EU for permission.

The sad thing is that I don't think we will get to leave at all. There will come a reason that is put to the people that will state why we cannot have Brexit. If it did happen and we did get to leave, we would have back our own country again. We would no longer be under the rule of Europe and that could only be a good thing. Also, if we left they have decided to keep all the EU laws I think, so not much is going to change. Markets would definitely stabilise again and we would again become the fantastic nation that we once were.

The authorities have certain agenda's that don't fit in with the collapse of the EU, so I don't think it will be allowed to happen.