How long did it take for you to learn web design?

Discussion in 'HTML and CSS' started by KenBrace, November 18, 2015.

1. KenBrace

KenBraceNew Member

Out of all the different areas of programming HTML & CSS are definitely the easiest. Languages like C# and Java can take years and years to master. Technically speaking HTML isn't really a programming language. It's a markup language like XML. But regardless it's still an essential part of web design.

So for any of you web developers out there, how long did it take to get a firm grip on HTML? Enough so that you felt comfortable creating websites for clients.

I think it took me around 6 months or so.

The basics of CSS were easy to learn but mastering it took a while. You need a lot of experience before you start getting a good feel for CSS. HTML is more simple because you don't have different elements conflicting each other. In CSS you have to design everything so that the different styling properties work well together.

aimayaram likes this.
  2. aimayaram

aimayaramMember

I understand web design, but I never really mastered it, because I don't have a good design taste. I need to work with a talented client, in a certain way, who knows what is beautiful. I can use any programming language equally, but I need to know what the final objective is. Then, I will find the way to do it, as fast as possible.

3. bharath

bharathMember

I learn in college as a subject wise so don't know how many days it took for me completion. HTML was the first method to build sites and from their on wards used scripts, CMS, modified themes.
    I used tizag website for learning CSS and PHP.

4. KenBrace

KenBraceNew Member

Yeah I definitely prefer back end programming.

I find it difficult to be creative enough for front end web design. Customizing templates is easy enough but designing an excellent, professional looking web site design from scratch is hard for me.

HTML is simpler than PHP & JS but it requires a lot of creativity and that's what makes it difficult.

aimayaram likes this.