Encrypting your smartphone?

Discussion in 'Android App' started by harijobs, August 1, 2017.

1. harijobs

harijobsNew Member

Encrypting your android device gives better protection even from unwanted people accessing your mobile even when you have lost it. Once you encrypt your device you will set up a unique encryption key like a password or pattern or pin. Only upon entering the correct encryption key you will be able to access the files. Though it gives a super level of security, it comes with certain cons such as after encryption your device performance and speed will be lowered. Encryption is a one-way process and you cannot undo it. If you want to undo it the only way is to factory reset your device. So, what do you think of encrypting your devices? Do you encrypt your smartphone?

2. vashk

vashkNew Member

With so much hacking of devices and considering the amount of important information that is held in phones., am all for encrypting. if one way I can protect myself and the contacts in my phone from accessibility from the wrong people, then why wouldn't I choose the encryption. besides, one can have more than one phones. one for the important issues and the other for leisure. so speed can be sorted out that way.