How Effective is Twitter?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by challengewriter, November 22, 2015.

1. challengewriter

challengewriterActive Member

Almost all social media platforms can be linked to a twitter account, which makes twitter a very good microblogging platform for business as whatever post you create on your site will be made a tweet (if linked to a twitter account) with a link to the post inserted into.

This are good for business, but how do you get followers that would have an interest in your site, how is the marketing and advertiseing strategy for twitter? Especially in reaching the right audience that would be beneficial for your site?

I've come across many business and blogging sites through twitter, which also prompts me to follow the accounts, how do I make that work for myself?

2. nailah783

nailah783New Member

I don't even pay attention to Twitter anymore. I do post on there, but that's all I do. I don't think it's too effective for those of us that no longer go through the feeds and see what is going on with the rest of the world. We make our posts and then get off. I know I'm not the only one who finds Twitter to be an obsolete social platform. I think it will soon go the way of Myspace.

3. challengewriter

challengewriterActive Member

@nailah783 I don't use twitter anymore, when I go on there, I go to my feeds and stay there for a short while, but there is still a wide user-range on it, that's why I know there is still hope in twitter, and why I asked the questions, cause I am making a site for writers, that will feature a competition for a cash prize, and need to spread the word.

4. nice2cu

nice2cuMember

I think it depends on how you use it. It can even work as a single marketing tool if explored wisely. Media companies still depends heavily on Twitter to populate their contents. They also use it as a medium to enhance their brand identity. Twitter is more instant and Facebook. So if your want to populate news about your company, Twitter is the best choice.

Twitter is all about conversation. It is all about interacting with your audience, that is the only way to use it effectively as a marketing tool. It is essential to have a good number of followers and get involved with them. The more interactive you are, the higher are chances of success in Twitter.

5. monica123

monica123New Member

I don't actively use twitter per se but I look into the trending topics everyday. If you trended, then the whole world knows really.

6. Peter97

Peter97Member

I think twitter is very hard to get recognized on, due to the amount of people using it. However, if your company already has a big following, then you could easily promote your twitter via your website, then you could target your current and potential customers on twitter.

7. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

Twitter seemed to be good when it comes to making online petitions and kickstarter campaigns. Many successful Kickstarter projects I saw succeed because successful of Twitter. I am not sure though if Twitter is a good way of promoting a website. Unless you a person with lots of followers and fan base. I remember some people say that interacting with celebrities is one of the best ways to get attention on twitter but many of them will block people who are obviously using them for marketing strategy.