Why Google hate traffic from PTC and traffic exchange sites?

Discussion in 'Google SEO' started by nice2cu, November 22, 2015.

1. nice2cu

nice2cuMember

I know many people whose Google Adsense account got blocked when they try to get traffic through Paid to Click (PTC) and traffic exchange sites. Googles considers it as inorganic traffic and I think they are quite right too. It is explained in their policy guidelines. In PTCs actually there is no value addition, the members just complete their daily quota of viewing ads to earn money. They are least bothered about what is being advertised there. That is why no big companies opt for PTCs to market their products.

In traffic exchange sites, there are no buyers and you can see only sellers there. Members are busy selling/advertising their products and not interested to see other ads. They just view ads to earn ad credits so that they can use it to advertise their sites. Both are quite a mechanical process and does not involve any sincere efforts.

Google loves organic traffic and hence support sites like forums where people interact each other and take part in meaningful discussions. Same is the case with article writing sites too.

2. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

Because they considered it cheating. You are paying someone to go to your site instead of letting people check your site organically. Advertisers wanted websites that people visits naturally and not a site that pays them to do so. People who are paid to visit a site wont pay attention to the ads the same way people who goes there on their own will. If you are an advertisers, You will also want to advertise your product in a website that is popularly visited by people and not a site that gets traffic from a PTC or traffic exchange.

3. bharath

bharathMember

IF you are an advertiser do you allow that type of traffic for your site? PTC and traffic exchange sites are very long back cheat methods and these days people are using proxies to make money by clicking ads.
    I have heard these things, but never did it nor interested to do.

4. pwarbi

pwarbiMember

Well the OP answered their own question and that's exactly why PTC and traffic exchange sites are frowned upon. In basic terms it's just a way of trying to cheat the system as to how many legitimate hits your site gets.

It got found out long ago and while I think Google may have turned a blind eye to some of it at the start, these days they're having none of it, and if your site gets banned or blocked, there's not even any point in appealing and all your hard work will have gone to waste.

So is it worth the risk? Are you willing to try and get round Google by using PTC and traffic exchange sites just to get a few more extra hits? No, me neither.

5. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

Also majority of PTC users don't read nor pay attention to the ads they were paid to view. They were in a hurry to click the next cheat check so they can move on to the next ad. I get to discover an awesome Indie band because of PTC but 99 percent of PTC users only cares about the pennies they will be earning. I don't think clients wanted traffic from people who won't even pay attention to the website.

6. bharath

bharathMember

Few years back my friends own some of the PTC sites and they got the money from search engines that is cheating method. The owners never knew how to get the advertisers than those PTC sites.
    It is a waste of the time for clicking those links for pennies.

7. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

I wonder if Google adsense considers traffic exchange sites as PTC. I mean easyhits4u is a traffic exchange site but it pays people too just like a PTC will do. Traffic exchange sites seemed to be working for some people. I am still in doubt about them though because they might be categorized as the same category with PTC's.