News stories on Yahoo

Discussion in 'Yahoo SEO' started by nailah783, November 22, 2015.

1. nailah783

nailah783New Member

I like using Yahoo to get my news stories. It always keeps me up to date on the latest around the world. So it's not just for free mail service or search engines, but I actually can learn like I would with a newspaper about what is interesting in the world. I only search on this when none of the other search engines produce the results I am looking for, but I do like getting my news from here.

2. bharath

bharathMember

Yahoo is the top site offering news as I seen from the beginning of online, however Youtube makes more sense for having voice and video news online.
    My suggestion goes Yahoo to make a video news channel similar to Youtube site.

3. challengewriter

challengewriterActive Member

Yes I noticed that about Yahoo and MSN, both sites normally have the top news and many stories that always interest a user to click on the link, when I frequented Yahoo, I was always opening the links that led to the news stories that were being advertised.

4. Peter97

Peter97Member

I believe yahoo's news service is much better, and easier to navigate than googles alternative. This is one aspect which I definitely believe yahoo is better at than Google.

challengewriter likes this.
  5. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

The comment section of Yahoo news though is invaded by some super racist trolls and other type of people who will have their parents feel ashamed. On the other hand Yahoo answers is a censorship hell that randomly bands people for no reason even if they were not doing any violations. Have you notice the contradiction?

6. challengewriter

challengewriterActive Member

I haven't used it in awhile, but I did notice the censors, but about banning people unnecessarily I haven't come across that before.

7. pwarbi

pwarbiMember

Yahoo is currently in the middle of restructuring, basically trying to sell off the various parts if it's site to others, and while I'm not sure that this section will be sold off, I wouldn't bank on this bring available for much longer the way it is now.

Yahoo have decided to give up trying to compete with Google, and I can see a time in the future when it will only have its email servers left.

8. Peter97

Peter97Member

On the other hand, you will find these racist, uneducated trolls almost everywhere around the internet. However, yahoo should definitely take more action against these sorts of people, as it will only ruin their reputation for new people visiting the site.

9. kenzenith

kenzenithNew Member

I agree with you all that Yahoo news is better than other search engine sites. Whenever I visit Yahoo, I click and read the news that they offer. I'm also amazed how their news section is updated timely which I think is very important for a news site. You can also comment on the news that they post to react about it. I also like how they sort out the news from the new ones to the trending ones.