Why is Google Plus less used than Facebook?

Discussion in 'Google Plus' started by aimayaram, November 23, 2015.

1. aimayaram

aimayaramMember

I think it's because of the interface. It looks like Google Plus is less user friendly. There are less options, and no games since 2013. People often do not reply to questions on their Google account, and many companies do not use it at all.

At least, the sharing apps seem to originate from Google to other social networks and not the other way around. But is that a good thing? Maybe there would be more users on Google if they permitted other networks to repost on Google.

Do you know examples where Google Plus wins over the other social networks?

Peter97 likes this.
  2. Peter97

Peter97Member

I agree with all the reasons that you mentioned. I also believe that since Google plus pretty much forced YouTube users to sign up to Google plus in order to comment, they turned unpopular, and many users boycotted Google plus as a punishment for forcing users to join. There was a lot of negative attention directed towards Google plus, things such as the "Bob army against Google plus" spam on virtually every single popular YouTube video, in the comments.

I think one positive of Google plus, is that it is sort of a universal platform, for example, yoh may login to gmail, hangouts, YouTube, and many other services, just using your Google plus account, which is a good feature for users.

aimayaram likes this.
  3. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

My only purpose for Google plus is to get notifications for my Youtube comments and maybe to use hangouts and chat live with Google stars. Other than that nothing else. The fact they forced Youtube members to use it to get subscribers is also a very huge negative against it. It started with a very bad rap and reputation. I don't really use it as a social network. I forgot it is useful on saving game progress for mobile games but other than that, It is not a social network I will use like Facebook. It is better than Tumblr though.

Peter97 likes this.
  4. bharath

bharathMember

I thought they could develop into a big social media site. However it will never happen. Google plus is totally different and none has developed a unfollower tool

I am still looking why people aren't interested in developing tools for Google plus.

5. Peter97

Peter97Member

I agree, I've never used google plus for it's proper purpose, and I find it annoying that you have to have an account in order to get notifications from YouTube.

6. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

The way they make people register to their site alienated a lot of people. When they forced Youtube users to register on their site and display their real names to their Google plus page really upsets people. I know they already solved that problem but the damage is done. The fact that even hipsters don't want to use them, make Google plus not a good seo tool even though Google search is a popular one. The most popular social media for SEO is still Facebook.

Peter97 likes this.
  7. Peter97

Peter97Member

How did they fix the issue? Would it be possible for me to delete my Google plus account that I made just for YouTube? Because I really don't want people who watch my YouTube channel knowing my real name etc.

8. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

They stopped displaying real names and It is not forced anymore. Now if you have a gmail account, You will automatically have a YouTube Google drive, Blogger and Google Plus account. As I said the damage is done though because Google plus is not even popular to hipsters. You don't see people posting their status on Google plus. They just use it to save game progress for mobile games and get notifications for Youtube.

Peter97 likes this.
  9. Peter97

Peter97Member

Do you know how I can remove my name from my YouTube profile? I'm pretty sure it's still associated with my Google plus account, and I'm not sure how to remove my name from displaying. Thanks!

10. challengewriter

challengewriterActive Member

It is very possible, I remember I did that, go to your YouTube account settings, you'll see an option to change your youtube page name, I don't remember if you have to reach a certain number of views or anything, but you should check there.

Peter97 likes this.
  11. challengewriter

Google plus sucks, it's one of the many google platform that comes when you sign up for anything google, as one is for all. It's not compulsory to use it, as I haven't even used it in one of my accounts, it's good though if you want to use google to sign up with in other websites.

12. Peter97

Peter97Member

Thanks k you very much :) this fixed it, and I can finally not worry about people who watched my YouTube videos being able to find out my name, address etc.

13. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

Google plus seemed to be popular to mobile game premium items piracy. There seemed to be a lot of groups in Google plus that caters to pirates. I wonder what Google thinks about how their attempt to create the next big social network into a piracy paradise.

14. challengewriter

I didn't even know Google+ was meant to be the next big social network platform, I just thought it was one of he things you get for signing up, despite everything, Google+ isn't all that bad.

15. Ramakrishnan

RamakrishnanNew Member

Though many of my articles from a site are shared in Google Plus, I do not visit it frequently. Google Plus is less user friendly and have limited number of options compared to Facebook

16. karthikaqpt

karthikaqptNew Member

Most of the people use facebook for sending message.That facility is not in the google plus.

17. karmaskeeper

karmaskeeperNew Member

I don't think Google Plus will ever take off. It's just not as fun, and user friendly as Facebook. I have tried using it, and honestly I just don't enjoy it some how it's
    just boring. To where Facebook is just a go to site for everything from recipes to funny videos it's all there. I however believe in time that like Ebay Facebook will
    lose it's appeal.