Can you think of a day on net without Google?

Discussion in 'Google SEO' started by nice2cu, November 23, 2015.

1. nice2cu

nice2cuMember

I think you will agree on the fact that Google has become a synonym for Internet in true sense and we can't expect a day without Google. I think almost everybody (except Chinese) in the world use Google as their favorite search engine. Moreover, with a single username and password we can enjoy a host of useful features like Gmail for mailing, Picasso for storing photos, YouTube for viewing and sharing videos and a lot more. I think it is still growing and Google is coming out with innovative features every other day.

But if one day Google just disappeared from net, how is it going to affect you?:eek: I think the most affected would be my Gmail account and YouTube channel. I get a number of important mails on my Gmail almost everyday which I have already given at various places on net. Moreover, I will definitely miss my update on my YouTube channel views and earnings there.

What are your views on this, how is it going to affect you?:)

Selina Q and aimayaram like this.
  2. aimayaram

aimayaramMember

I'll also try to earn something on Youtube.

I can live a complete day without computers, but it's going to be boring if I can't go outside, or if there's nothing to do on that day.

But if I have to use the net without Google, it would be quite difficult if there are no other search engines available. If I can use Bing for example, then it's fine. If I built all my SEO strategies on Google, then I'd have to completely change my plans, since each search engine probably has a different way to index and filter results.

nice2cu likes this.
  3. nice2cu

nice2cuMember

I agree with your point that we can live without Google or even computers and there were people before computers were invented. :) But I would suffer a lot if Google services are gone. Everyday I am connected to Google in someway of other. Gmail for sure is the most used one. Since all my important mails use to come in Gmail, I can't remember a day without logging into Gmail.

Needless to mention the importance of Google search engine in daily life. It is really fast in giving results. YouTube is another application where I am active. Even though not daily, I need to visit YouTube quite often to check my statistics and also to upload new videos.

I think it is more like a monopoly of Google now. The thought of an Internet without Google gives me a shiver:oops: and I need to look for alternatives too. But I am quite easy as there is nothing to worry now.

4. marryjhonson

marryjhonsonNew Member

I agree with you

5. Peter97

Peter97Member

The disappearance of Google would be very problematic for me, as every single account which I own is setup using my gmail account, meaning that if gmail and Google was to disappear, pretty much all of my accounts would die along with it. I would also miss YouTube, as its owned by Google. But I think the worst part, would be having to use a new search engine.

I use a Google service everyday of my life, including gmail, maps, YouTube, Google play and Android (which is owned by Google.) I just cannot imagine what life would be like without Google, and it shows to me how dependant I am of it. Furthermore, I think we all take Google for granted, and don't appreciate its full power.

6. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

I am not using Google as search engine anymore because it is filled with spammers and click bait hoax sites. I am more of a Bing user when it comes to search engine. Also Google have a bad treatment to prepaid internet users, they force them to answer captcha before searching something. The only component of Google that I love are Youtube ,Google drive and Gmail.

I do love Google but they need to fix their search engine before someone else takes their throne. Remember Myspace use to be the King of Social networks and it is dethroned very easily.

Peter97 likes this.
  7. Peter97

Peter97Member

I think at this point, it would be very hard for google to lose their status as the most popular search engine. Google simply own too many popular services, and are constantly expanding. Furthermore, many people are ignorant towards the alternative search engines, and aren't willing to try them out, for example users hating on bing without even trying it out.

8. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

I still believe Google is gradually declining. It is a slow rate at this moment but someday, People will see the light and see the awesomeness that Bing is. Yeah I had encountered people who hates Bing despite of not trying Bing because they were too blinded by Google. I do believe that Google should still be a priority in SEO but people should not ignore a growing force like Bing.

Facebook didn't became a juggernaut overnight. Bing is still new but I enjoyed it's services better and it is in early stages at this moment.

Peter97 likes this.
  9. Peter97

Peter97Member

I agree, and I myself would be willing to try out bing instead of Google. It isn't as bad as people think it is, people associate it with not being able to carry out basic searches etc. YouTube parodies of bing, and alternative search engines don't help at all aswell.

I think a monopoly is bad, and that Google shouldn't be the one main "king" of search engines, as this leads to less competition, also leading to slower improvement etc.

10. bharath

bharathMember

Without Google there would be another on to take place, no matter we will move on. Just see about Pagerank that wasn't updated, but still webmasters moved forward without it.
    I am not searching in these days using Google or not using much of Gmail, uses my own company email through Microsoft outlook.
    My favorite search engine is too Google, but in these days i am hating it for showing irrelevant search results.

11. Neil_Fisher

Neil_FisherMember

LTE connection users have problem with Youtube search engine. They were being harassed by Google to answer a Captcha quiz for some pompous security reason. I encountered that annoying Captcha shenanigan too so that also convinced me to use Bing much more. If you are in a hurry it is huge inconvenience to be required to answer a captcha test. Time is money and that annoying nuisance is a waste of time.

12. Renren

RenrenNew Member

Google has been the most used search engines. Most people use this because it is one of the most used search engines. It would be a disaster if Google will just disappear because a lot of accounts are linked to G-mail. Google loads the result page faster than others base on my experience. If one day it will be gone that would be a problem for me because it is the homepage of my browser and it is the one the I get to used to.

13. ship2782

ship2782Member

14. ship2782

ship2782Member

It's really so difficult to live without Google even for a day or should I say for few hours but not impossible for a simple reason I have options. I used to smoke but I gave up in a single day so if I have to live without Google probably I will survive easily. I would prefer living with Google though.

But back to original question, I have no intention to leave my Googling habits for its knowledge and helpful attitude. It's not that I have not tried other similar products but I always felt I was missing on something which I could not afford to so came back to Google every time. Besides, being an android user I have my reasons to live with Google all the time.

15. ipol12

ipol12New Member

I admit, Google has been very important and useful to me. From time to time, I am searching some stuff over Google even with simple things. But it doesn't mean I can't go on a day without it. Whenever I am not at home, I am not using Google. If Google will disappear, there are some alternatives. I can bear if other search engines do not work like Google, at least they can still help.

16. Ramakrishnan

RamakrishnanNew Member

I have been using Google for many years and it has become an unavoidable part of my computer habits. I enjoy its varieties of features and the user flexible platform. If one day it suddenly disappears, it will definitely create some initial shock. But I believe there will be some alternatives, because it will not suddenly vanish, leaving millions of people in a bewildered state. …And of course, we have to move along with time.