Guest Posting

Discussion in 'Website Review' started by challengewriter, November 24, 2015.

1. challengewriter

challengewriterActive Member

I have heard of many bloggers who have a day specifically for guest posting, in-which they invite someone to post their own content in the other's site, which makes for good advertising strategy. I want to achieve this but lately, I haven't found anyone with similar interest with me, and if I do, they don't reply my messages.
    It's making me wonder if I should just give up and if it would be actually beneficial for my blog in the long run.

aimayaram likes this.
  2. prissanna

prissannaMember

I have no insight on this really, but don't most people who make guest posts at a blog expect compensation? I have read that you can refer to other people's blogs (using an url to a post they made on their blog) in a post on your blog. This kind of helps you start getting your name out there and getting people to notice you. The only time I did it, the author never responded or thanked me for quoting her and giving her credit.

Do you make comments on other blogs and leave your own blog url? I've tried this and seem to get a little bit of traffic from doing that.

3. challengewriter

@prissanna I don't usually leave my blogs url when commenting, because I don't want to take from the bloggers post. But usually by clicking my name it redirects to my blog. Once in awhile when I leave my url I get traffic but I don't do it much, so I want to go into guest posting which I think is better in the long run than the other

4. prissanna

prissannaMember

I see what you are saying. From all I have read up on, it is common for you to leave your blog url when commenting. It is expected and is a decent way to grow your blog. I get most of my information from Pinterest.

Do you have a Pinterest account? You can pin your blog posts to your boards there for exposure as well. I also use StumbleUpon which seems to generate some traffic.

5. bharath

bharathMember

If your blog is reputed, then no need to contact other bloggers for having a guest post. You should make a link on your blog for guest posting so people will know that you are accepting guest posts.

Guest post build great links than the comment links also the click through rate will be high in paragraph links than comments.

6. challengewriter

This is an awesome idea, I wonder why I didn't think of it. Thank you

7. challengewriter

I'm going join StumbleUpon, and I don't have a pinterest fro my blog, so I'll make a board on there, thank you.