How do you use Pinterest?

Discussion in 'Pinterest' started by prissanna, November 25, 2015.

1. prissanna

prissannaMember

I've read so many blog posts about Pinterest. Some people make it a full time job. It can all get so confusing from the type of image you should use to Rich Pins (I have yet to study this one out) to descriptions to group boards. I generally pin my blog post as well as stuff from my clothing site to my board with the most following. If it doesn't fit that board, I will either move it later or also pin it to the correct board and remove it later. There is so much to learn and it is so overwhelming.

2. monica123

monica123New Member

I only use it for photo sharing purposes on a personal level. :) I enjoy it really.

3. challengewriter

challengewriterActive Member

Pinterest is so popular, yet I don't know how people do it, although it's great for promotion, once your website is connected to it, if people like the picture they can click on the link to your site through there. But I just use it when I'm bored and looking for pictures.

4. prissanna

prissannaMember

Right now I'm trying to build a following by finding good pins that fit my niches ( I have several) as well as pinning stuff that I like personally. Later on, I plan on figuring out how to make rich pins and seeing if that draws traffic.

5. pwarbi

pwarbiMember

Pinterest is the same as any other social networking site, but it does seem to take more effort than most when it comes to keeping the page active.

There are many pages on pinterest all with a lot of subscribers but I do wonder how many of them subscribers are actually active in viewing the pages they have joined up to.

6. prissanna

prissannaMember

It is the same as any other social networking site so to speak, but I have read that it generates more traffic than Google (to blogs I presume). My only problem with that is that it appears to be as complicated or more complicated than Google.

I have also read that if you have a blog, you want to join Group Boards that are smaller which means people are more likely to see your pins. I have not tried this yet although it is on my list of to do items.

7. pwarbi

pwarbiMember

Google boards is the Google version of pinterest or that's what I've been lead to believe. While I think pinterest does drive a lot of traffic, as far as social media sites go, it still wouldn't be the first on my list.

8. challengewriter

I think it's harder to make it on pinterest, if you have a low following rate or fan base. People hardly ever follow you and it's like every other social media site, either you get lucky and recognize or you remain with the many who have been waiting for their own break but have yet to see it happen.

9. pwarbi

pwarbiMember

Pinterest, as far as social media sites go, does have more of a niche following, more than Facebook and Twitter does, that's for sure.

That's not always a bad thing though, and if you have a particular market in mind, Pinterest can help you to find that clientele quicker than the others.

10. prissanna

prissannaMember

I've also read that when you gain followers, they are not considered followers unless they follow ALL of your boards. I have one board that is more popular than others and it gets the most followers, however, according to what I have read, they aren't really followers. That makes no sense to me. It can be so complicated that you want to run and hide. lol

11. challengewriter

I thought people could go toa persons page and follow someone? If they aren't followers then what are they called then?

12. prissanna

prissannaMember

They are followers but they aren't considered as such in the SEO world unless they follow ALL of your boards. I rarely follow all of anyone's boards because I don't enjoy ALL the things they post. The logic of someone not following all of your boards not being considered a follower does not make sense to me really. I'm just passing on what I read. lol

13. nailah783

nailah783New Member

I have a friend that swears by Pinterest. I have never really got into it myself though. He picks up all kinds of craft ideas and things for his wedding on there. I just never saw the point of it. Now i see that somebody has to follow everything for them to be a follower. What kind of logic is that? Nope, I will not be a fan anytime soon.

14. challengewriter

Pinterest is good, very good for business, I agree with that 100% there different things that you can find on there can prove very useful, I know that about it, but getting into it isn't for everyone, sometimes most of us just use the site to look for stuff that will assist us.

15. prissanna

prissannaMember

This is only if you are using Pinterest to boost your business. As a SEO option. If you are just using it as a user, you need not worry. You should give Pinterest a try. I love it!!!

16. nailah783

nailah783New Member

Even as an SEO option, having to follow everything that the other person posts in order to be a follower is crazy to me. I don't have to follow everything to like this or that that the person has posted. That's too much to me.